Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

beach, sandstorm and the regular procedure

I'm really really lazy with keeping this blog up to date... I just feel like since this is my second stay in Hong Kong, i am not that exited about certain things then i used to be back then. Anyways, the progress of the Master's Thesis is going... slow and i am getting stuck doing other assignments and non-school related stuff. Anyways, i'm telling myself to proceed and learn from the mistakes/laziness but somehow, doesn't always work the way i wanted to.

Anyways, there's a recap from the last couple of weeks:

chinese new year:

went back to Germany to celebrate with my family while my friends are hanging out on the beach in Thailand and hiking up mountains in Malaysia. -10°C and snow versus 30°C and sunshine, you figure that out!!!

Recently Hong Kong is affected by some heavy sandstorms coming in from the mainland which bring us a nasty air with fine sand corns you can taste after spending a couple of hours outside like i did last Sunday, on the beach of course.... we already have a heavily secured border control for hong kong to keep all the unwanted and unwelcome people and stuff outside, what about a filter for the sandstorm??? I mean, isn't the air already bad in Hong Kong??? Something the SAR Government should seriously consider about since Hong Kong made a plus of 13.3 Billion $ during the fiscal year 2009 even though the rest of the World is suffering under the economical crises.

Today my roommate tried to convince me to visit one of the Spas in Shenzhen with a bunch of Japanese Girls... why Japanese Girls? Well he's a tutor taking care of a student delegation from Waseda University coming to Hong Kong on an exchange program. I guess since i have two more essays to write until wendesday before leaving for Yunnan and the fact that i haven't written one word doesn't speak in my favor to spend the rest of the day in a pool while getting a massage. So my Spa for today will be the University Central Library with a not so comfortably chair and a hard wooden table.... I must be crazy thinking about a PhD. Degree for two more years after doing this.....

No comments: